Red, 1/2" Wide Ric-Rac
White, 1/4" Wide Ric-Rac
Blue Sequin Trim
Red, White and/or Blue Buttons
Glue Gun & Hot Glue
Step 1: Flower Power
- To make the flower, lay out about 12" of the wider ric-rac. Using Fabric Fusion, glue on a strip of thinner ric-rac on top of wider version. Let dry.
- Using needle and thread, sew a running stitch through both layers of ric-rac. Pull on thread until ric-rac bunches up. Pinch the bunch into a circle so that the bumps look like flower petals, and sew into place.
Step 2: Stick Around
- To create the stem, cover a pointy stick (I used kabob skewers) with a layer or two of white paint. While it's still wet, completely cover the stick with glitter. Let dry.
- Hot glue stem onto back of flower.
5 Other Uses for Ric-Rac Flowers
Skip the stick and use the blossom part as an embellishment on its own! Would work great:
- Sewn onto a little girls' dress.
- Turned into a jacket brooch, by adding a pin to the back.
- Glued onto the back of a clip-on earring and made into a kitschy shoe clip.
- Glued onto card-stock for 3-dimensional cards.
- Sewn to a long piece of ribbon and tied onto a present.
Have a safe and happy 4th of July!